Tuesday, May 13, 2008

It Really Is All About The Food....

...So I talked to former president Jimmy Carter this evening. Yes, he and Mrs. Carter (Rosalynn) were the featured guests at a dinner I attended. Jimmy walked around for a bit and shook hands with some of us.

The food at the dinner was delicious. Crab cakes, sweet potato parfait, bananas foster, shrimp, a risotto bar, pecan pie bars....scrumptious! As was the food at a dinner I attended last night, and that my colleague Adele cooked for some of us on Saturday.

Yup, I've enjoyed some mighty fine traditional Southern home cooking since I arrived here in Biloxi a few days ago.

So what did I say to President Jimmy Carter when he shook my hand?

"I sure am enjoying all this great Southern cooking here." !

My chance to say something to the former president and all I could do was think about food!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So what did Jimmy Carter reply?
Marc

Great Plains Gal said...

He smiled and said, "Why, Anne, that was the most profound statement I believe I have ever heard about the South! Thank you so much for sharing that insight with me!"