Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Blogapology

Last night I didn't post because my wireless card was misbehaving. I made many attempts to log onto this blog because I knew so many of you were eagerly awaiting my latest post. I finally gave up because I needed to rest for a big day of:
1) pounding nails
2) cutting insulation
3) helping install the insulation
4) eating

Something about my magnetic field repulses wireless internet and attracts bugs in equal measure. One of my colleagues, Belinda, told me that she loves her wireless card and it works just great. I thought, hmm, does she have an updated model? Why is mine so hit and miss, and mostly miss? Why, when I have a three-hour layover at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, is it so darned hard to read and respond to emails using my wireless card?

Recently while at this same airport, I had to send some documents NOW, so I built a small tower, stacking my laptop on top of my backpack and down-filled coat, just to get the best wireless signal possible at my gate. It was the digital version of putting Reynolds Wrap on your tv antenna.

But while I seem to have a knack for repelling forces that can help me, I have a great talent for attracting bugs that not only bite, but leave huge welts on my arms, legs, neck....this happens no matter what hemisphere I am in. Not one of my colleagues has complained about bug bites. But me, well, if I'm not careful I'll blow up like Martin Short did in the movie "Pure Luck".

No comments: